	From: Mike Just [mailto:Mike.Just@entrust.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 6:45 AM
	To: 'Hallam-Baker, Phillip'; 'reagle@w3.org';
'stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie'; www-xkms@w3.org
	Subject: RE: status of the nation...

	Actually, the end date for the invalidity period may not have to
do with revocation or suspension. For example, suppose that I'm issued a
certificate on Sunday that does not become valid until Monday. If, on
Sunday, someone wants to validate my certificate, I assume that the
response could say that it is invalid....until Monday.  The client could
simply treat as invalid, or could be designed to come back at a later
time (though I can't imagine designing software to do this).  In any
case, the end date for the validity period would make sense.

	Alternatively, one might say that the validation response could
include a validity interval with a start date of Monday. However, this
wouldn't be a "valid" response since as of the current time, the
certificate would not be considered valid.

	Mike