Re: Update on Status of XKMS Activity Proposal

Hi Joe, Danny,

I'd also like to volunteer to co-chair. I think its important that we
get moving on this as soon as we can.

Stephen.

Joseph Reagle wrote:

> Great! I'm glad to see the high level of interest despite the time lag --
> and all the recent patent hub-hub won't help that I fear. Regardless, if
> you are interested in contributing with respect to Chairing, please direct
> your offer to Danny Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org> (and cc: me as well).
>
> For Authoring/Editing, those appointments are made by the Chair in
> consulation with the Staff Contact. So hold that thought/offer! (You might
> want to look at the following in the mean time:
>         http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Contributor.html )
>
> With respect to chairing, the following applies:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/groups.html#GAGeneral
>   Each group must have a Chair (or co-Chairs) to coordinate the group's
>   tasks. The Director appoints (or re-appoints) Chairs for all groups.
>
> Characteristics considered for appointment include:
> - Experience in chairing similar groups, committees, and/or conferences.
> - Previous participation or technical contributions in related communities.
> - Ability to satisfy the time commitment (from you and/or your
> organization/management).
> - Familiarity and/or willingness to learn W3C process and document
> formatting rules.
> - The ability to keep the WG "in Charter". In particular, the intent to
> produce an unencumbered specification, or if patent claims of participants
> are relevant, that they are offered under a Royalty Free license.
> - The ability (both actual and perceived by the WG -- including potential
> competitors) to forge consensus fairly and without bias from your
> affiliation/employer and, sometimes, even your own technical positions.
> - While it's a public WG, I suppose being from a Member organization for
> these appointments help since (unfortunately) much of the day-to-day
> materials and lists are in Member only space.
>
> W3C Members can also look at what the job entails at:
>         http://www.w3.org/Guide/chair-roles
> (Which should be a public document really, I'll request that.)
>
> --
> [[I will be on Holiday October 4-11 2001]]
>
> Joseph Reagle Jr.                 http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
> W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle@w3.org
> IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/Signature
> W3C XML Encryption Chair          http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com