Re: Standardization of WS-Eventing

Please comment on the harmonization effort for WSDM and WS-Man that
seems to have included some work on WS-Notification and WS-Eventing.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-wsdmmgmt/index.html
( http://tinyurl.com/yshgtm )

This links to a May 2007 document.  In particular, figure 2.1 shows
Existing Stacks and Reconciled Stacks.

Under the Reconciled stack, it shows WS-EVN over WS-Eventing'.
That paper does not say much else about WS-EVN.

A March 2006 version is at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-roadmap/
( http://tinyurl.com/6avt5p )
This paper talks about WS-EventNotification (presumably the same
thing as WS-EVN in the May 2007 paper).  It seems to play a role in this space.

Where does WS-EventNotification fit into this picture and how does it
impact the work of this WG?  Is WS-EventNotification needed to
"compose effectively"?

Paul