Re: Proposed issue; Visibility of Web services

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:14:47PM -0400, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I'm sorry -- but I just don't see how you view Mike's response as
> "agreement".

I was looking at the "Uh, OK" part as reluctant agreement.  That he
saw no point in agreeing is a separate issue.

> With this message you seem to be changing your definition. Now you are
> talking about "hardcoded to a generic application".

That's all I've ever talked about.  If that wasn't obvious, I apologize,
but I am being very careful with my wording.

> Per this new definition,
> all Web services management products qualify as a "hardcoded" SOAP
> intermediary. They are hardcoded to process generic SOAP messages.

Again, SOAP defines no application methods, while HTTP and other
application protocols do.

A generic processing model is not a generic application.

MB
  Actively seeking contract work or employment