Re: Comments on daml-s 0.7 (Profile)

Nick -

Thanks again for pointing out that DAML-S 0.7 references an older version of XML
Schema.  Of course I understand your desire to work with the latest XSD.  As I
mentioned in a previous e-mail on this list, this version of XML Schema was
chosen so as to be consistent with the use of XML Schema in the examples
accompanying the last release of DAML+OIL.  We had some discussion about this
recently, and we decided it's probably not wise to change the version of XSD
that's specified in DAML-S 0.7, because there's a danger it might break existing
code of various DAML-S users.  However, we expect the next release of DAML-S to
be based on OWL (so it'll be called OWL-S).  With that release, we will
certainly employ the latest version of XSD, as you suggest.

Regards,
David