DAML-S and ebXML Registry

Terry and Jeff,

On a related note, some time back a similar paper was done on DAML/S and
ebXML Registry [0].

It may also be of interest that the OASIS ebXML Registry TC [1] plans to
align with the semantic web in version 4 of its specifications [2]. The
plans include direct support for RDF, OWL, DAML-S within the Registry
Information Model (RIM). I have discussed these plans with Eric Miller
recently. We found common ground on several areas one fo which was the
thought that ebXML Registry and Repository could play a similar role for
the semantic web as do web servers todays for the current web. It could
be a "Semantic Web Server" standard.

Work is getting underway within ebxmlrr, an open source implemenation of
ebXML Registry [3] to explore alignement with SWA in advance of the
version 4 spec work within ebXML Registry.

If anyone in your group is interested in contributing to the ebXML
Registry / SWA Alignment work please drop me an email. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Links:

[1] OASIS ebXML Registry TC

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=regrep

[2] Latest OASIS ebXML Registry Specifications

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.5/specs

[3] ebxmlrr

http://ebxml.sourceforge.net
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/ebxmlrr-xmlEurope2003.ppt
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/ebxmlrr-xmlEurope2003.sxi

[4] Exploiting Semantic of Web Services through ebXML Registries

http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/papers/tutorial.prn.pdf