From: Andrew Layman [mailto:andrewl@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 6:41 PM
To: www-ws@w3.org
Subject: RE: potential users of web services

Agreed.  We should think about the concept, and think about it in terms of
what is new and different about the kinds of services that we are building.
Rather than looking at the name and trying to _deduce_ what a Web service
might be, we should look at the actual Web services that we are building and
_induce_ the definition that distinguishes them from other nearby
technologies such as RPC/RMI and Web sites.