RE: Proposal for CR145

I also found "and only those" a bit confusing.  It seems like we'd have two
places in the spec claiming to be the sole source of element declarations
and type definitions, each one therefore contradicting the other.  So I'd
push Jacek's suggestion a little farther:

3.1.1:
The schema components defined in the imported namespace are referenceable by
QName (see 2.17 QName resolution). Only components in the imported namespace
are referenceable in the WSDL 2.0 document.  [[ For each component in the
imported namespace, a corresponding Element Declaration Component or Type
Definition Component MUST appear in the {element declarations} or {type
defintions} property respectively of the Description component corresponding
to the WSDL document that imports the schema, or that imports directly or
indirectly a WSDL document that imports the schema. Schema components not in
an imported namespace MUST NOT appear in the {element declarations} or {type
definitions} properties.]]

3.1.2:
The schema components defined and declared in the inlined schema document
are referenceable by QName (see 2.17 QName resolution). Only components
defined and declared in the schema itself and components included by it via
xs:include are referenceable.  [[ For each component defined and declared in
the inlined schema document or included by xs:include, a corresponding
Element Declaration Component or Type Definition Component MUST appear in
the {element declarations} property or {type definitions} property
respectively of the Description component corresponding to the WSDL document
that contains the schema, or that imports directly or indirectly a WSDL
document that contains the schema. Schema components not defined or declared
in the inlined schema document or included by xs:include MUST NOT appear in
the {element declarations} or {type definitions} properties.]]

That's fairly tortuous but I think more precise.  I think this also
clarifies Jacek's second concern about importing a WSDL with an inline (or
imported) schema.  But it also demonstrates that visibility of schema
components and the appearance of Element Declaration or Type Definition
components are not parallel, which I hadn't realized and which removes some
of my enthusiasm for this change.

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com - http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com