Re: Clarify 'scope' of {element declarations} and {type definitions} re SparqlQuerySimplified-1G

Having discussed this issue with Arthur on the WSDL 2.0 implementors call, I
have changed my thinking on this. As Arthur pointed out, the notion of a
schema component being 'referenceable' is scoped to the WSDL documents that
inline or import the relevant schema, but the notion of documents is not
present in the component model. So we can't say that an ElementDeclaration
or TypeDefinition is referenceable by a WSDL component because in the
component model we cannot make the links between ElementDeclarations,
TypeDefinitions, WSDL components and the documents that they originated
from.

To enforce document-related referenceability in the component model, each
component would need a property that holds the set of schema namespaces that
the component can reference and this could be used to enforce or validate
referenceability of Element Declarations and Type Definitions in the
component model. We agreed this was too big a change for unknown merit.

I'm happy with Arthur's point that referenceability of schema components is
a document-level concept not applicable to the component model and his
suggestion that if a WSDL component was changed to refer to some Element
Declaration or Type Definition that was not referenceable to the underlying
WSDL document, then if the component model is serialized or converted in
some way to a document model an xs:import must be added to the underlying
document for the newly referenced schema namespace.

So that means option 1) from my previous post - the Description's {element
declarations} property contains *all* of the schema elements - but without
the surrounding discussion from that post.

regards,
John Kaputin