From: Arthur Ryman [mailto:ryman@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:20 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh; www-ws-desc@w3.org; www-ws-desc-request@w3.org;
Youenn Fablet
Subject: Re: Some new interchange results

***********************
Warning: Your file, cm-canonresults.zip, contains more than 32 files
after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********************

I corrected the base64Binary error and regenerated the test results [1]

[1]
http://eris.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/woden/java/ant-test/test-suite-r
esults.zip?view=co

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM

05/16/2006 11:29 AM

Youenn Fablet <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>

cc

Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org,
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Subject

Re: Some new interchange resultsLink
<Notes://D25ML03/8525632600612CD8/3CAA580531145DA88525711B00559F3C/3FB34
64AD032B4158525717000523980>

Youenn,

Thx for updating your results.

anySimpleType is not a built-in type. It is an ur type [1]

base64Binary is a built-in primitive type so it must be included. If
it's missing, that's a bug.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Youenn Fablet <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

05/16/2006 10:54 AM

www-ws-desc@w3.org

cc

Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

Subject

Some new interchange results

***********************
Warning: Your file, cm-canonresults.zip, contains more than 32 files
after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********************

Hi all,
I just looked at the interchange results and thought some simple fixes
might improve our implementation results.
Please find attached some new results. This time, I dumped all parsed
components and not only the ones visible from the top-level description
component. This improves a lot the results 8-)
I tried the comparison tools, which are actually very cool, thanks a lot

for all the good work, jonathan :-)
I just noticed that some of the canonical interchange documents do not
include base64Binary and/or anySimpleType in the type definitions. This
seems to be the biggest (if not the only one) difference between the
canonical results and these results.
Is there any reason not too dump these two simple types ?
Regards,
   Youenn