Re: Belated comments on SPARQL Protocol for RDF 25 January 2006 LC WD

Kendall,

Since the operation is safe, you should use the wsdlx:safe="true"
attribute on the <operation>.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
03/22/2006 01:07 PM

Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>,
public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org, www-ws-desc@w3.org,
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Subject

On Mar 22, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I assumed we were using that. Kendall, are we not?
> Hmm.

I think we were, but it got dropped at some point. I was confused for
a while about whether it was the default for a GET binding, and then
we added POST, so I wasn't sure what to do. I'm still not especially
sure. :>

The operation is safe when bound to GET, obviously, and it's actually
also safe when bound to POST, but I don't know if you can say *that*
in WSDL.

Advice from the WSDL folks would be really helpful on this point. :>

Cheers,
Kendall