Re: LC review of WS-Addressing

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:05:20 +0200
Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org> wrote:
> Second, discussed in [3], is about action being required in all
> WS-Addressing-compliant messages. I believe that the intent of the WSDL
> Operation Name Mapping Requirement (ONMR) is that message bodies
> identify the operation so we don't need action URI (unless that is the
> extension that satisfies the ONMR) because WS-Addressing RECOMMENDS that
> the action URI identify an operation input, output or fault.

[much snippage]

This is just to clarify: the "Operation Name Mapping Requirement" is no
longer a requirement in WSDL 2.0.  It is now a "best practice."  When
mentioning the ONMR by name, it might be best to clarify this point (or
it might be useful to determine what the new label for this part of the
spec will be, and use that).

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.
alewis@tibco.com