RE: [LC75f] FW: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments

That was exactly the intent.

Can you give a specific mechanism which will allow this? I can think at
the top of my head to allow some attributes such as id attributes which
consequently may be ignored by mapping tools, but without providing
guidelines (i.e. attributes are always ignored or attributes should only
be considered metadata but are not utilized in the signature, etc) it
will be not feasible to allow attributes in its generality. The case you
quote below is again not really application data, but more application
metadata with xml:lang. It is the content of the element which is
significant as a parameter, not the attribute.

If we could somehow say this explicitly, then allowing attributes as
parameters would not be problematic for tools and we could allow it.

> In a similar case the WG recieved comments from I18N about the
> inability to put xml:lang on wsdl:documentation.
>
> Another mechanism to prevent attributes from carrying application data
> that might reasonable appear in a function signature would be to allow
> only extension attributes (namespace qualified), and to specifically
> note the intention that these attributes are allowed for
> infrastructure
> purposes and do not appear (e.g.) as parameters in the wrpc:signature.

--umit