RE: LC124

In order to guarantee interop, there needs to be well written and agreed
rules.  AFAIK, the PSVI technique is not really accepted by the
community at large yet. This leaves us with decisions of specific
product teams that affect their implementations. This is why I am very
skeptical although I wish to see this problem solved.

> > WSDL 2.0 has come a long way. If we want adoption and
> implementations to
> > be emerging rapidly, incorporating an extended semantics of
> XML Schema
> > will make vendors to adopt WSDL 2.0 later, not sooner. This
> is raising a
> > bar which is not really appropriate as the default behavior.
>
> That's a fair point, however as discussed, it's possible to
> easily layer existing
> schema processors to strip out psvi:notKnown values when
> validating; binding
> and mapping tools able to jump over unexpected attributes and
> elements
> with little, or in some cases no change. I'd anticipate CR
> testing to expose
> issues with implementations.

Sorry, but you can not call this layering easy. It all depends how your
validation was implemented with respect to your databinding. The
feedback that I get internally is that this is not a trivial task for
the existing databinding implementations. Therefore, lets not trivialize
this task.

I do not really like to talk about LC124 CR testing as if the direction
on LC124 is a done deal. AFAIK I can read the minutes of today's
concall, LC124 is still alive and kicking.

> Paul

Cheers,

--umit