RE: LC54 Proposal

Dave,

I don't think I was overstating much how close your service
compatibility gets to target resource, and here's my reasoning:

What I call service compatibility means that, in some common sense, the
two services 1) do the same thing 2) in the same place.

"Doing the same thing" is already there in the interfaces (if interface
extensions are compatible) - basically the services have to share an
interface so that the information that they do the same thing is useful
to a computer. If they don't share an interface but still are
compatible, they have duplicity in their interface definitions.

Now doing the same thing "in the same place" introduces the
considerations of what that place is, which is the same as what target
resource tried to be.

Tell me, please, what exactly do you envision that a WSDL processor (of
any kind) will do with service equivalence information? Let's try to see
if we agree on the intent, then we might get back to implementation of
that intent.

Best regards,

Jacek