Re: Example of Z Notation in WSDL 2.0 Component Model Spec

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:45:38 -0400
Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> appearance, not to resolve the browser dependency. Have you got IE
> handy?

Neither IE nor an OS that it's available for, no.  Is the IE version
standards-compliant, running as it does on a W3C website?

(I just had this argument with IT, so I'm mildly short-tempered on the
subject)

Interestingly, the HTML version seems to work for me, but not for Roberto
(I'm running Firefox 0.9.3 on Debian Linux)

Overall, though, I have to say that if this is one of the issues to face
with regard to the publication of this notation, I am tending toward
disfavor.  "You must use a standards-compliant browser in order to read
this specification" may be acceptable for a W3C spec, but anything else
isn't ("must install a plugin," "must use a browser with known bugs that
this presentation tickles," "must use this proprietary presentation
technology").

Apart from that, I only vaguely recognize the notation (or am mistaking
the symbols for those I recall, vaguely, from symbolic logic all those
years ago), so it seems worthwhile to me only if it is relatively
effortless.

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.