Re: Idle question

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:50:43 -0700
Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com> wrote:

> What would it mean for wsdl 2.0 doc to import/include wsdl 1.1 doc in
> terms of the component model?

That's a better statement of my question, perhaps.

> The stated purpose of import/include is to
> modularize descriptions. I'm assuming that you want to do a
> wsdl20:import or wsdl20:include.

No, I don't wanna do *nothin'* if I can help it.  In process of setting
up tests and things for implementation, though, I encountered the
question: if a wsdl20:import points at a document which is WSDL 1.1, can
it be imported?  There does not seem to be a prohibition in the
specification.

> What is the purpose -- do you want to import/include wsdl 1.1 doc in
> wsdl 2.0 and refer to wsdl 1.1 artifacts in wsdl 2.0 components?

*I* want to write a processor that fulfills expectations and is
conformant to the specification.  I'm not clear on whether that means
that I need to permit import (or worse, include) of WSDL 1.1, and if so,
what the semantic would be.

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.