Re: Alternate proposal for collapsing binding namespaces

I like this direction. It improves readability of the binding by
humans. Additionally, it brings the syntax closer to the underlying
component model, which makes the life of WSDL tool authors easier
and potentially allows for better error reporting in case of mishaps.

The only amendment I feel like proposing right now is around an
indication of what binding is being used. In this proposal, it's
one or more attributes on wsdl:binding that dictate the binding
in use. In the status quo, it's the presence of a wsoap:binding
extension element.

I'd like to propose that we make the binding explicit by adding
a URI-valued "type" attribute to wsdl:binding.

E.g.
  <binding
        name="b1"
        interface="x:foo"
        type="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap"
        wsoap:protocol="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/">
    <fault ref="x:fooey" wsoap:faultCode="y:whatever"/>
      <operation ref="x:bar" wsoap:action="some-uri-that-I-want" />
      <operation ref="x:baZ" wsoap:action="some-other-uri-that-I-want" />
  </binding>

In practice, we'd make the URI for a binding equal to the
targetNamespace that defines its extensions.

An additional benefit is that it removes ambiguities when two sets
of binding extensions are present under wsdl:binding, neither one
carrying a required="true" attribute.

Roberto