RE: WSD WG requests to XML Schema WG

Glen,

I agree on the issue of self-describing type hierarchies, and I made this suggestion in my "list of things schema could do" document that apparently hasn't gotten much of a read...

It seems to me the relationship between the name's type and the xsi:type should be rigorously defined.  Is there a guarantee that the xsi:type is a compatible type wrt name?  If you don't know, then processing name without knowing the xsi:type could be erroneous.

Dave