Re: Should WSDL say anything about whitespace in SOAP:Body?

Sanjiva,

personally I have no experience with such issues, perhaps Saikat could
give us some details on the issues mentioned in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soapbuilders/message/9761 .

While I agree that inside the element WSDL puts in the SOAP Body it's
XML Schema's job to specify whitespace handling, it's our SOAP binding
that should specify this for the actual SOAP Body content, i.e. whether
there can or cannot be whitespace *around* the message element.

It can do that by saying that SOAP Body's type becomes a complex type
with a sequence of exactly one of that element, deferring the whitespace
issue back to XML Schema, but it can also directly specify what happens.

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/