RE: Minority objection to requiring unique GEDs or required feature to distinguish operations

Hi Jacek!

unfortunately as Amy has pointed out, there is there nothing in the
status quo to prevent a service from declaring that the dispatching
mechanism is "out of band", "random" or even "undisclosed" by simply
conjuring up an appropriate URI.

the outcome of all this is that the consumer of a web service will
indeed have to treat operations that accept the same input as a
single event driven operation (for non-RPC styles) and i think
that is the architectural goal of some members of this WG.

where i'm still unclear is why that scenario wouldn't be better
modelled, as you outlined, by a single operation returning a choice
of the possible response messages - in my mind all this just a
work-round for operation overloading:

    foo('piff') returns 'paff'
    bar('piff') returns 'poff'

sending 'piff' to 'foo' could return 'poff', so
foo and bar are the same operation!

Paul