Re: rationale for status quo for fault references?

The rationale given in [2] seems fine with me. "The pattern for this
operation uses the fault-replaces-message rule and here's a list of
faults that can replace this particular messsage". What is there not
to like?

+1 on getting closure before the next draft.

Roberto