Re: Summary: 22-24 Sept 2003 WS Desc FTF

"Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com> writes:

> The "multis" are not multicast-related, and I was never a proponent of
> them.  I do not, in fact, understand what networking paradigm they are
> thought to embody, or who has advocated them.
>
> The "multis" appear to be serial unicast: a trigger message starts a
> flow of messages from some other participant, which eventually stops.  I
> feel certain that someone has a reason for proposing such patterns, but
> it wasn't me, and I don't know what the reason was or is.

I'm confused Amy .. I recall that Tibco and MSFT had different
interpretations of the old outbound operations and I had always
thought that that difference was recognized by these two patterns.

Is that not the case? Is there another pattern we should be
including that has a single outbound / single inbound combination
yet does something different that we should be including?

Sanjiva.