Re: is the uniqueness constraint on top level components sufficient?

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Hi Gudge,
>

>>I think you will find that as far as our spec is concerned there is
>>always EXACTLY ONE definitions container even in cases where the
>>contents of that container came from multiple locations.
>

> That's for included or imported stuff right? Is there anything
> in the spec which says that *all* stuff for the target namespace
> are part of EXACTLY ONE definitions container? If so then we're
> in business. If not its certainly possible for two documents
> to point to the same namespace yet not be aware of each other:
>
> <definitions targetNamespace="http://www.ibm.com/">
>    ... stuff for one service ...
> </definitions>
>
> <definitions targetNamespace="http://www.ibm.com/">
>    ... stuff for another service ...
> </definitions>

I don't think that adding an untestable requirement of this kind to
the spec does any good. If somebody wants to have two WSDL documents
for the same target namespace, so be it. The burden to be extra-careful
in their definitions falls on them.

Roberto

--
Roberto Chinnici