Re: proposal for improving <documentation>

Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> XSD has xsd:annotation/xsd:appInfo because they don't allow extension
> elements in arbitrary spots.  We do, so we can add machine-readable
> information anywhere in WSDL.  The extra complexity in the syntax is
> therefore completely unnecessary, and not backward compatible with WSDL
> 1.1.  I have always thought Schema's extensibility model was needlessly
> Byzantine and hope we won't make the same mistake.

I totally agree with Jonathan here, I find XML Schema's approach to this overly
restrictive and verbose. To take a slightly caricatural point of view, if you
can't extend at arbitrary places, what are namespaces for?

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Scientist, Expway      http://expway.com/