Re: Question on xsd:import

I do not have a strong opinion on this.  Providing the ability to coerce
means that a small number of additional W3C XML Schema instances are
usable, that otherwise would not be.  The only reasonably alternative
that I can think of is to absolutely exclude any schema that does not
contain a targetNamespace declaration.  Either of those solutions seems
okay to me; the original draft, as I recall, simply attempted to allow
as much in as possible.

Amy!

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.