RE: On WSDL "operation"

Jim, wouldn't it be better if we educated our audience about what Web
Services are and what they do and how they are not distributed objects?
Educated users (or those already in the know) would be able to use the
full potential of Web Services and those who would still think in terms
of distributed objects would be allowed to continue their (mis)use.

If we depart from normal and accessible terminology, education will be a
must, but this time starting with confused users, not users who
comfortably think they know what the thing is about.

I still prefer the term operation. 8-)

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect
                   Systinet Corporation