RE: On WSDL attributes

Savas, we agree. General Web services do not need a first-class notion
of persistent state associated with a service.

Adding functionality to the Web service model necessarily implies
additional constraints on underlying implementations. To facilitate
cross-platform interoperability, we must be careful to minimize the
architectural constraints on implementations. The current
message-oriented definition of Web services appears to be an excellent
tradeoff between function and minimal architectural commitment.

There are communities who wish to associate state with service
instances; our WG should ensure that they can do so through
extensibility.

--Jeff

On