RE: [rev 1] Agenda: 30 July - 1 Augst 2003 WS Description WG FTF

Jonathan,

The message to which you referred contained the wrong attachment. In the
same thread, Jim sent the correct version of the document that included
our proposal.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0021.html

The proposal was about a declarative way to expose supported or required
functionality in a WSDL interface. We were not aware of the properties
and features TF when we wrote and sent that document. Although we still
believe that our proposal is simpler than the current
features/properties approach, we are glad that WSDL will provide this
kind of functionality in some form. That is why we didn't pursue this
further.

If the WSDL WG still decides to consider our proposal, we would be happy
to provide more information.

Regards,
--
Savas Parastatidis
http://savas.parastatidis.name

FTF

> We really haven't had any meaningful discussion on this proposal yet.
> The proposal is from Jim Webber (non-WG member) and spun off of the
> Issue 2 discussion, which is why I've been tracking it.  Time
allowing,
> it would be good to get an overview from a WG member who has reviewed
it
> and see if we there is enough interest to develop a champion to
further
> it within the WG.

WSDL