Re: Terminology

At 10:16 AM 7/4/2003 -0400, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
>I'm confused. Don't the wsdl:service and wsdl:endpoint definitions refer to
>a specific implementation? How can they be abstract?

Yes (and sorry about the confusion).  They are abstract in the sense that
they  do not necessarily represent a specific piece of software.  The
wsdl:service is "abstract" in the sense that several agents may be used to
implement one conceptual (or "abstract") service.  The wsdl:endpoint is
"abstract" in the sense that it represents only the *location* of an agent,
rather than the agent itself.  A single agent could be accessed via more
than one location or wsdl:endpoint.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard