  From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Prasad Yendluri
  Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 11:14 AM
  To: Sanjiva Weerawarana
  Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
  Subject: Re: proposal for eliminating message

  This seems pretty reasonable to me.  One change I would like to recommend
is, to split the typeIndicators into two separate attributes so that it is
easily extensible others in future if needed. I.e. instead of having
separate attribute name based the type-system (xsd/MIME etc.), have one
attribute that identifies the type system and the other the value in the
specific type system.

  Instead of the  proposed syntax for type indicators are as follows:

xsdType="qname"
xsdElement="qname"
mimeType="string"

  We would have typeSystem="URI" type="value" (a string which is a QName for
XSD). Do we still need to distinguish between "Type" and "Element" forms?

  With this change,  the example could look as follows:

<portType name="ArchivalService">
   <operation name="StoreRecords">
      <input name="patient" typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>"
type="x:PatientIdentificationType"/>
      <input name="xrays" typeSystem="<URI for MIME Type>" type="image/jpg"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <input name="reports" typeSystem="<URI for xsd Element>"
type="y:LabReport" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <output typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>" type="anyURI"/>
      <fault  typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>" type="z:SomethingWrong"/>
   </operation>
   ... other operations ...
</portType>
Will this work?