Re: proposal for eliminating message

This seems pretty reasonable to me.  One change I would like to
recommend is, to split the typeIndicators into two separate attributes
so that it is easily extensible others in future if needed. I.e. instead
of having separate attribute name based the type-system (xsd/MIME etc.),
have one attribute that identifies the type system and the other the
value in the specific type system.

Instead of the  proposed syntax for type indicators are as follows:

xsdType="qname"
xsdElement="qname"
mimeType="string"

We would have typeSystem="URI" type="value" (a string which is a QName
for XSD). Do we still need to distinguish between "Type" and "Element"
forms?

With this change,  the example could look as follows:

<portType name="ArchivalService">
   <operation name="StoreRecords">
      <input name="patient" typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>" type="x:PatientIdentificationType"/>
      <input name="xrays" typeSystem="<URI for MIME Type>" type="image/jpg" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <input name="reports" typeSystem="<URI for xsd Element>" type="y:LabReport" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <output typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>" type="anyURI"/>
      <fault  typeSystem="<URI for xsd Type>" type="z:SomethingWrong"/>
   </operation>
   ... other operations ...
</portType>

Will this work?