Re: Two logical WSDL documents describing the same service

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:10:37 -0500
"Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com> wrote:
> Sure, that makes registries harder to build and use, but WSD WG should
> probably be brutally pragmatic and say that this is someone else's
> problem:-)

I have no problem with that as a conclusion; I do have a problem with
any recommendation that multiple services be defined in the same
namespace but in different documents in order to solve a problem
introduced by the silly restriction of a service to a single interface.

In WSDL terms, a service is the thing in the definitions/service
element.  It does not correspond with the common conception of a service
as a bag of state out there somewhere with (potentially many, mutually
incompatible) exposed endpoints.

If the WG is asked to approve a recommendation that the problem produced
by restricting a service to a single interface should be resolved by
introducing multiple documents, I will oppose that.  Violently.  It's a
bad idea, basically saying "we created a problem, you fix it."

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.