RE: Updated portTypeExtension proposal

<monitor mode="decloak">

I'm not sure that postponing any naming considerations is necessarily such
a good idea.
I can certainly see postponing any renaming discussion of *existing* WSDL
elements/attributes,
but this, as I understand it, is still at the proposal stage.

IMO, element and attribute names should be as expressive and intuitive as
possible, so as to avoid
any potential for misunderstanding. Introducing an attribute with a
non-intuitive name like
'bases' at this stage does not (IMO) help in conveying the attribute's
purpose and intent.

Why not choose a well understood and widely used term such as has been
suggested
by Sanjiva?  (e.g. portType/@extends) I saw no pushback to his proposal
other than the
"we'll address naming issues later" comments.

</monitor>

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624