Re: proposal for equivalence of top level items

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:05, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> I have a pending action item to propose equivalence rules for
> top level items. Here it is, finally:
>
> schema stuff:
>     out of scope
>
> <message>
>     messages m1 and m2 are equivalent iff their QNames are the same
>     (i.e., equal - using rules which someone else has defined for
>     QName equivalence .. if these don't exist then we can define them)
>
> <portType>
>     pt1 and pt2 equivalent iff their QNames are the same
>
> <binding>
>     iff QNames are equivalent
>
> <service>
>     iff QNames are equivalent
>
> So basically its name equivalence for all ..

Not sure what you mean regarding equivalence. Is it an equivalence
within a WSDL document, between two or more WSDL documents? What is the
level of equivalence? syntactic? semantic? If I use a message as an
input and reuse it for an output, are they the same?

Philippe