RE: Doubly revised extensibility proposal

Aha, wee we have at least two opposing opinions now :). This is why I was lobbying to open the content model properly and satisfy both camps with simple enough rules. We, even internally, have people who like it differently too.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:moreau@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Doubly revised extensibility proposal

I think the emphasis should be more on which extensions must be supported, rather than on which extensions are optional. I would thus suggest that we swap the default as follows. This would also be more consistent with the default for the SOAP mustUnderstand attribute.

    > How do I declare a >>required one<<?

    You do it at on a per-element level using >>wsdl:required=true.<<

    > So then how do I declare an >>optional extension<<?

    Everything is >>optional unless otherwise indicated<< (see above).

Jean-Jacques.