Re: issue: optional parts in <message>?

>Now what if "part" d is a "foreign" type, for example some ASN.1 doodad?
>Assuming we have agreed on an appropriate definition of the asn.1
>namespace.

I think this is big assumption that will not scale in a generic way. E.g.
any of the MIME types.

I guess it all boils down to, if an abstract representation as in "messages"
is really necessary. I think Sanjiva's note has enumerated the reasons for
this (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002May/0022.html).

Regards, Prasad