Re: Reference requirements

Krishna Sankar wrote:

>         Here are some of my thoughts :
>
>         1.      Re. the PO example, I assume you are talking about passing reference as
> a parameter - for example a UUID or some form of conversation ID. Of course
> this is domain specific (could be a string, an integer, a multi part complex
> object, ...). IMHO is outside the WSDL scope as it is like any normal
> parameter.

No, it is not domain specific. The web has an addressing mechanism that
can address anything no matter how complex: the URL/URI.

>         2.      The object references is a software artifact (as compared to a business
> artifact which is what #1 is) and that could be in our domain to solve.

Er, don't follow...

>         3.      Another point that stands out is the TTL which needs to be defined,
> monitored and handled

Not really. You can leave that to another specification.

>         4.      What about validation ? Most probably none, as we really cannot make any
> intelligent conclusions (except when we dereference it)

You validate it when you dereference it! That's no different than
validating the return value from a method call after you call it.

 Paul Prescod