Re: Draft agenda: 24 June TAG teleconference (Arch document, WSA update)

Jeffrey Schlimmer wrote:

> >Also, Paul Prescod would like it to be possible
> >to bind different HTTP operations on a per operation basis rather than
> >just on a per-portType basis. I think both these requirements make
> >sense.
>
> Issues 53 [2] and 54 [3] already cover this. In [4], I proposed that we
> do not make these changes in the HTTP GET / POST binding that the WG
> produces due to lack of interest within the WG. There was no pushback on
> this during the last teleconference, but I see that we have another
> opportunity to discuss it at the teleconference tomorrow.

To me this is just a straightforward bug. It's a mismatch in semantics
between a W3C specification and the Web's core protocol. An HTTP
resource has multiple methods and they are logically equivalent to
operations, not port types. Also, it would be easy to open this up to
allow any HTTP method and header.

Is there the possibility of forming a special interest group to work on
that binding as a parallel task to the rest of the specification?

 Paul Prescod