From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webMethods.com]
Sent: 27 June 2002 19:11
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Re: elementFormDefault="qualified" in WSDL Schema..

Thanks (I was mistaken). The examples in the spec that don't prefix
things do use default namespace declarations. So they are indeed
qualified and I agree that elementFormDefault should remain "qualified".

Now, the schemas fo SOAP, HTTP and MIME  bindings ([4],[5],[6]) don't
set elementFormDefault (and hence it defaults to "unqualified").
Shouldn't they be changed to require elementFormDefault="qualified"?

I concur with Gudge's opinion below. There are many examples in the spec
that do just this (i.e. use default namespace and not qualify elements).
Perhaps we should consider revising them as well..

> I would VERY strongly suggest that we never use default namespaces (
> like example 3 above ) in our examples. In my experience default
> namespaces confuse things, whereas explicit prefixing makes everything

> clear.

Regards, Prasad

[3] http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap
[4] http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http