Re: Fw: issue: service type

 Sanjiva,
 re issue-service-type: what kind of abstract analogue of a
service do you imagine? I believe a WSDL service should only
contain ports for bindings of a single portType. If multiple such
services need to be grouped, they should either be in one (named)
WSDL definitions document, or we should add a serviceGroup
concept. The decision on this may affect issue-multiple-services.
 As for "anyone with opinions or can I resolve it myself?" - it
works this way: there must be a proposal for resolution, which
you myself can send in. There can be a discussion before the
proposal, but I believe that's optional. There should be
discussion after the proposal. And, finally, the WG as a whole
must decide that the issue is resolved with the proposal (or
other one).
 Re issue-multiple-services: I believe we need not restrict one
WSDL file to a single service, but I don't think we must keep the
status quo, either. If the policy is "don't change what's not
broken" I wouldn't change the status quo.
 If, on the other hand, we agree that this should be changed, I
would propose that the <definitions> element's attribute 'name'
be removed because it serves no useful purpose and its meaning
would be even more confusing if at most one <service> could be in
one <definitions> element.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation