RE: Doubly revised extensibility proposal

I don't think you addressed my point.  Yes, case (1) seems interesting
until you look at it and realize that the presence of a single element
not marked as optional causes the WSDL (along with all of the elements
marked as optional) to fail.  So the net effect is as I describe below,
that there is utility in marking the namespace as required, and
individual elements as optional unless they are ALL optional.  In this
case having both namespace and element-level granularity doesn't provide
any benefit.

I think your MUST/MUST NOT terminology is what MAY/MUST originally
intended (though I've taken the table out of context).  I have certainly
been looking at the output of the extensibility proposal as a boolean
answer to the question - "Do I understand this WSDL or not?"  This
should be a simple calculation based on the namespaces in use in the
WSDL document, the list of extensions a processor understands,
represented by a list of URIs or QNames or whatever, and the wsdl
extension flags such as wsdl:extension and @wsdl:required.