RE: DR032 [was Requirements]

Jeffrey,

Actually I was not necessarily thinking in terms of SOAP but a more general
problem of reflecting some properties, which are not really business level
operations, but are relevant to the entire service (various Qos parameters).
They could ofcourse be business level properties.  So version was just an
example but their could be others also.

I can actually imagine two uses cases for these.  First, in my thinking the
description language is also a service schema.  So if later on, the business
registries start supporting queries on service schemas, one could possibly
perform queries on these service level attributes to select the appropriate
service.  This probably would require the publisher to provide values of
these queryable attributes.  Second use case is where a client application
infrastructure queries the service at runtime inorder to obtain various
parameters that it might need to configure itself properly.

Basically, I was looking for a generalized mechanism which is able to show
these service-level attributes/properties and at the same time keeping them
separate from the business operations (the service business contract).

Thanks,

Waqar Sadiq

EDS EIT EASI - Enterprise Consultant
MS: H3-4C-22