RE: Typical SOA ... SOA Patterns

I completely agree.  The problem is that it is January 30th; the WG charter
ends tomorrow, and we are simply out of time to make *any* substantive
changes to the Note.  (Typos, broken links, etc. can be reported and fixed
until Wednesday, I believe).

I recommend two things: first, that people who agree with Paul that someone
at W3C needs to define SOA more clearly should be asking their AC
representatives to make this point in their responses to the review of the
proposed renewal of the Web Services Activity.  A lot of people on AC-Forum
are saying that the W3C needs to do *some* WS/SOA architectural work, even
if the idea of a single Recommendation to cover all aspects of the Web
Services Architecture is over-ambitious.

Second, this public mailing list will remain open, and everyone associated
with the WSA working group hopes that it will continue to be a useful forum
for debating the Note itself, suggesting improvements in case some working
group is chartered with that as an input, and in discussing the meta-issues
of SOA, REST [note: they are *not* antonyms!!!], and other architectural
issues arising from the application of Web services technologies.