RE: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

That's what the previous draft tried to do.  I struggled with that because
I'm not at all sure how many of the SOA principles are core definitions,
which are really architectural constraints, and which are best practices for
developing *good* SOAs (e.g. coarse granularity).  What would you suggest as
the list of constraints?

> Can we also replace "There is considerable confusion in the
> computing industry about the relationships among the terms
> "distributed system", "service oriented architecture," and
> "web service", as well as to related technologies such as
> ..." with something more positive?

OK, propose something! I don't have a problem with changing it, but I think
there *is* immense confusion about this stuff.

> BTW, I predicted in my article
> (http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2003/09/30/soa.html)
> that someone would soon replace the original meaning of SOAP
> with Service Oriented Architecture Protocol. Now, you did it. :)

I was trying to remember who I stole that from!  I should have cited your
article too, because I remember reading it and getting a lot out of it a few
months ago.  I remember thinking about stealing your CD-playing service
example when I first started wrestling with this action item, but decided
that it was too informal for this document.