RE: WS Architectural Loose Ends / Outstanding issues

I just remembered WS-CAF .... See Eric's article
http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/1297/1/24/
As I understand it, this aspires to be a framework within which different
transaction, correlation, orchestration, etc. specs can be bound and not a
uber-spec replacing all of them.

So, is there a meta-architectural issue here, or is this essentially a
"political" issue of choosing the right specs for orchestration,
transactions, etc.?  Is there anything we could possibly agree to say about
this in the closing section of the WSA document?