Re: Web Services Architecture going forward (was Re: REST wrap-up )

On Tue February 10 2004 05:04 am, Michael Champion wrote:
> - Finally, RESTifarians might want to produce
> specs/explanations/examples at the level of detail and quality of the
> WS-* specs if they want to be taken seriously be the industry.  (E.g.,
> how do do transactions, authentication, encryption negotiation,
> reliable messaging across multiple hops, etc. without SOAP).  How about
> you folks discussing how to make that happen, or pointing others to
> material that already exists?

I don't know about clan associations, but I do have most of the
technical pieces you ask for. (I don't believe in hops.)

Start with the white paper at:

http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/REST/

You could then play with the sample web service / web application
at:

http://www.waterken.com/garden/

This is a simple file manager, combined with a web site for
viewing the edited files. The combination is like a very primitive
wiki. Try replacing the '.html' extension of URLs with '.xml' to
see the web service interface.

If you're intrigued, you can dig into the specs linked to from:

http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

If you're still there, you can download an OpenSource
implementation of all of the above at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/waterken/

Happy hacking,
Tyler

--
The union of REST and capability-based security.
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/