From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Champion
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:56 PM
To: '''www-ws-arch@w3.org ' ' '
Subject: non-outcry over eBay SOAP interace

What do the RESTifarians among us think about
http://www.looselycoupled.com/blog/lc00aa00011.html

"That marks a big change from the days when there was still a debate
about whether SOAP was overkill for everyday web services operations,
and advocates of the simpler REST architecture lambasted Google for
supporting only SOAP when it launched its API. Nowadays, both
approaches are acknowledged to have their place. "

I'm curious -- why didn't eBay get the thrashing that you gave Google
when they announced a non-REST API? Do you accept that eBay's needs are
different and SOAP is appropriate, or were y'all just asleep at the
switch <duck>