From: Mark Baker
To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Sent: 2/7/2004 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

Thanks Roger (and Mike), for those answers.  They were just what I was
looking for, again.  I apologize for not asking them in the first round
of questions, but it only occurred to me afterwards that they wouldn't
provide me all the information I needed to really understand where folks
were coming from.

I presume you won't mind if I don't turn this into a thread 8-), but
just for the record, as you summized, I'm not in the a) camp, as my
understanding of software architecture tells me that some architectural
styles are not suitable for some domains (like the Internet).  I'll just
briefly mention again, that if you study enough Internet scale systems
(email, Web, instant messaging, even the telephone network), you'll find
that they *ALL* have one thing in common; a constrained interface
derived from an application abstraction (respectively, an inbox, a
resource, a user, and a telephone line).  I don't believe that's a
coincidence.

Cheers,

Mark.