RE: Web services: Meet the new boss; same as the old boss ???

  _____

From: Abbie Barbir [mailto:abbieb@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 6:43 AM
To: Champion, Mike; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Web services: Meet the new boss; same as the old boss ???

It is part of the growing pain (life adoption cycle also) of any new
idea/concepts or technology.

Right.  I'm wondering -- now that we think that we know what Web services
*are* -- if we need to say something about what they are not.   Maybe we
ought to spend a couple of paragraphs setting expectations that we will NOT
talk about all the nonsense that the marketing folks propagated a couple of
years ago under the label "web services."